At The Yoga hutch we have a diverse timetable of classes for everyone. We started life as an astanga studio and have expanded our offer to include many other practices that inspire and support our growing yoga community.
We are delighted that you have found us and look forward to supporting you with your Yoga practice.
We have adapted to a combination of online, live-streamed and studio classes. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any support or advice.
Please select 'online' or 'in-studio' to book a class or alternatively visit our timetable page.
Our online teaching has become a wonderfully convenient and essential part of many of our students lives. After this current lockdown we intend to return to our 3 classes in the studio and have expanded the combination of on-line and at home practice into our beginners courses to give you the option and benefit of both.
Our 'virtual' live classes are on Zoom. Please book in and we will send you a link (no passcode needed) about an hour before your class starts. Zoom is one of many platforms that allows groups to come together for virtual meetings, conferences, classes etc. It is very easy to use (we are on-hand for any support or advice you may need technically too - please just ask!). The facility to practice as a community even in challenging times gives us the structure, routine and support that is vital for our mental, physical and emotional well being.
So! what you need to do:
Download Zoom.us on to your laptop, phone or iPad - do this well in advance of the class because it may take some time to set up and receive the necessary authentication email.
- Book in as you would normally to your chosen class on the mind body system.
- You will receive an e mail from us with a link to click on.
- 10 mins before the class is due to start we will be on line and ready and waiting for you to arrive so from this time, click on the link and enter the class.
- You will be able to see your teacher, and all the other yogis in the class.
A few things to consider...
- You will need to set up your laptop in a space where you have good wifi connection and of course uninterrupted space for your mat.
- We would encourage you, if you can to create a space you feel inspired to step into, perhaps with a candle, some flowers, a buddha, or anything else you feel helps to demarcate a sacred space for your practice. It doesn't have to be a permanent space, anywhere quiet is perfect.
- Arrive in your space up to 10 mins early so that you can greet your fellow yogis and not feel rushed.
- Have everything at hand that you may need, eg props, warm layers and or a blanket for savasana.
What to expect: (in studio classes)
* Please read our Covid protocol carefully before you book into a studio class and contact us if you have any questions or concerns befor you arrive.
You are welcome to book into various classes and don't have to stay with the same class each week.
Please note. We have a 24hr cancellation policy. Please contact Sarah directly if your cancellation is unavoidable and we will try to fit you in another day.
What to expect - Our small classes are suitable for all levels, from complete beginners to those familiar with yoga, allowing you to practice at your own pace with constant inspiration and guidance.
Guided classes are 75 or 90 minutes long. Mysore (self practice) classes can be started at any time but please note the finishing time.
The studio accommodates up to 8 people. (this is limited to 3 or 4 at this time)
Our ethic is to teach yoga with respectful care and attention to the individual.
Please arrive a few minutes early if it is your first class so that we can meet you and discuss your previous experience and any injuries/medical conditions you may have. Please let us know prior to booking if you are or may be pregnant. Check with your doctor if you have any issues or concerns that may affect your practice.
Please bring your own mat and any equipment you may need for your class
Please wear light comfortable clothing.
Avoid eating heavy meals before a class. Drink plenty of water before and after (but not during) your class.
Astanga has an established history of adjustment where the teacher gently helps the student to align and work more deeply within each posture. We have introduced consent cards which you are welcome to use, to endorse and enhance the student/teacher connection and your personal agency.
‘The Yoga Hutch’ is a studio on a residential street, if driving, please park on the drive. The entrance is through the garden gate to the right of the garage, please ring the bell on the gatepost if the door is locked. Bicycles can be secured behind the gate.
Private classes on request. classes can be for individuals or groups of up to four people.